Sunday, July 2, 2017

Meet Author Charmaine Gordon!


Charmaine Gordon
Romance Author


     Please help me welcome a dear friend who writes great stories and continues to enjoy life to the fullest. I met Charmaine several years ago online and we've been great friends ever since. We talk on the phone and share writing ideas. I get such a kick out of hearing from her. I know you'll enjoy her stories!
Now What? is a journey of a woman who loses her husband and makes a new life in a most unusual way all on her own.


     It was 2:30 a.m. when the phone rang. I fumbled for it, my heart starting a race toward bad news. Our doctor's voice urged me to hurry. I crammed into clothes as if I expected this call. It is only a fever that won't go down, isn't it? Our doctor shook his head. ...We did everything possible to save him. I held him in my arms when he took his last breath. Carly, I'm so sorry. Settling in beside my Bob, I held his cooling hand and asked the two words spoken many times during our years together. Now what? This time there was no response. I was on my own for the first time. When my fingers touched his wedding ring, I slipped it off and held it in my fist. The gold band was warm. I clung to him. Come back to me, dearest. Sometimes what you wish for is more than you can live with.

Blurb:
    Two months after Bob died, my three closest friends since childhood, came over for one of our potluck dinners. a tradition whenever discussion was called for. They entered without knocking, footsteps clattered down the hall to the kitchen where I waited. Instead of rushing to set down covered casseroles, they stopped to stare at the large calendar tacked to the wall. Across the top, I'd printed the letters A B D with a black marker.
     "What's ABD?"  Cindy said.
    "After Bob Died. As soon as I know what's next, I'll fill in the calendar." 
     And the adventure begins. She writes a column for a newspaper; meets men, lots of men and eventually there's a most delightful happy ending after she and her deceased husband finally let go of each other. 


Bio:  Years of experience as an actor on a daytime drama. Stage, spokesperson, and commercials plus writing sketches for Air Force shows helped prepare me for the wonders of a writing career. Of course, I didn't realize it at the time when immersed in the written words of others, that I was like a sponge, soaking up how to construct a scene, write dialogue, and paint the setting. My writing effort came later when I wrote a two-page story, sent it to son, Paul who commented, Cool. Can you write ten pages? Seemed impossible but the story poured from my fingers and seventy thousand words later, I typed The End. I kissed my acting career goodbye, leaving on a high note with the lead in an Off-Broadway play, The Fourth Commandment author Rich Knipe. It was great fun and time to move on. Movies like Working Girl, Road to Wellsville and having the pleasure of Anthony Hopkins company at lunch, working with Mike Nichols in Regarding Henry and singing outside with Harrison Ford, crying with Gene Wilder over a loss on another set, When Harry Met Sally with the whole gang singing It Had to Be You. Lots of fond memories. My first job as stand-in leg model for Geraldine Ferraro in a Diet Pepsi commercial with Secret Service men guarding her and her daughters. A sweet time.

CONTEST:  The most interesting comment left below will receive an e-book from Charmaine. She will pick a winner on July 8th. Please comment so she chat with all of you.



BUY LINKS

 Amazon

Barnes and Noble


Smashwords


WHERE TO FIND ME

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment