Monday, June 9, 2014

Rose Gordon hangs out with Deanna Jewel, stop in!

Say Hello to Historical Romance Author
 Rose Gordon!




Deanna:  Tell us a bit about yourself  that our readers might not know.

Rose: Hmmm. Well, in addition to writing full-time, I run a small publishing company and homeschool my kids. My husband and I met in our school library our senior year—I pursued him relentlessly, both before and after high school. When he finally fell victim to my charm, we went on only a handful of dates, were engaged for a day and got married downtown on a Wednesday afternoon at the ripe age of eighteen. This year will mark our 10th anniversary.


Deanna:  What do you do to relax?

Rose: Relax?! I'm not even sure I know what that means anymore... Mainly, I read or play the piano—but if I really need to relax, I jump in bed and pull the blankets over my head.


Deanna:  As authors, we’ve sometimes been accused of being several people. How many personalities live in your mind?

Rose:Too many to count. Not only the entire cast of my current project, but also voices of past books that want to take a role in the new book.


Deanna: What type of hero do you like best?

Rose: I'm a sucker for the beta or gamma. I like guys who open doors and will go out of their way to help not only the heroine, but also anyone they encounter. Don't get me wrong, they still need to be strong and athletic, confident and poised, but not jerks.

Deanna:  How many plots do you include in one of your books?

Rose: Usually one main one with a few minor subplots. I've tried having multiple dominating plots (dual romances) and it's too difficult for me to keep up with.

Deanna:  Tell us about a typical day in your life as a writer.

Rose: I'm a morning person. Not only that, I don't even need coffee. So, I get up around six or so and run to check my email and take care of any business tasks that I can manage before seven. Then I drag my husband out of bed to start getting ready for school then make breakfast for my kids. After breakfast, I take on the role of teacher and while they're working quietly, I'll dream up where I think my story will go so that after lunch, I can have purpose for when I write until it's time to make dinner. Not the most exciting routine, but it's what works.


Deanna:  Do your books have a common theme or are they all different?

Rose: Historical romance is the only common theme through them all. A major theme I have in a lot of them is flaws. Whether it be small breasts, a limp, eyes that are two different colors , an extreme case of nerves or even having been born a blue baby (cord wrapped around the neck, cutting off blood and oxygen to the brain), the majority of my characters are imperfect—because hey, we're all flawed some how. (Well, at least I am!)

Deanna: Let's play a game. Two lies and one truth. Go!

Rose:

1.  My kids have a pet iguana.

2.  I can write in shorthand.

3.  I make awesome enchiladas that my husband demands I make once a week.

Deanna: Another round?

Rose:
1. I carry around a purse shaped like a phone.


2. I used to keep hedgehogs.

3. I'm vegan.

You can find Rose Gordon here.....




Twitter: @Rose_Gordon1

Please use the share buttons 
to show Rose some love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose, you write my kind of books, love historicals. I also love enchiladas and I had them last week but I don't make them real often. I make mine with beef and the boys do seem to eat them pretty well. I love flawed characters in books. Lets face it no one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete